Built in 1970s for the Porter family.
- Lexan panels, air chambers, reduce/increase heat, end vent on peaked roof, fans to provide air flow. Swamp coolers, furnace.
- Microclimate totally different from desert – A tool for education.
- Automated control unit opens and closes the vent, turns on/off coolers, heaters or fans to maintain the chosen temperature.
- Interaction with community: Plant donations!
The greenhouse contains an impressive selection of tropical plants such as Orchids, Hibiscus, Sword Ferns, Swiss Cheese Plants, Epiphytes and Bromeliads (air plants).
–Butterfly Season: Day/Night 85F/70F
- Fish are African Cichlids & Australian Rainbow Fish
Hundreds of tropical butterflies (about 35 species at any one time!) in a beautiful tropical setting.Email this page to a friend