Butterfly Curator – Fulltime, year round position operating a seasonal Tropical Butterfly Exhibit
- Meet all USDA requirements for the operation of the exhibit including acquiring permits.
- Ensure that butterflies are ordered and processed appropriately
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for the exhibit
- Ensure exhibit and chrysalis exhibit functions are achieved each day
- Work with the Education department in preparing educational opportunities
- Work with Marketing to prepare materials for publicity
- In conjunction with Facilities and Horticulture work on maintaining and improving the exhibit
- Coordinate Butterfly Outreach program and do some Outreach events
- Manage and revise when needed the Standard Operating Procedures for the exhibit
- Other tasks related to the Butterfly Exhibit as needed
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Assistant Butterfly Curator, Volunteers, Docents
Position Requirements: Strong interpersonal skills and ability to coach others. Scientific background – degree in biological sciences or entomology (advanced degree preferred). Experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook and other computer programs such as InDesign and Access. Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
TO APPLY: Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org The Gardens hopes to fill this position before August, 2015. Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Only if you are called in for an interview…
please print, fill out, sign and bring in this application formEmail this page to a friend