A Tweet Fundraiser
Call for Entries!
The Tucson Botanical Gardens is looking for Unique and Artful Birdhouses.
Open to everyone, this design challenge encourages donated submissions from artists, architects, families, neighbors, community groups and innovative individuals. Collaborations between individuals and business are encouraged!
Your contribution of a Birdhouse will be displayed at The Gardens from May 10th – June 30th with the designer’s information attached. All of the Birdhouses will be for sale, helping to raise funds for The Tucson Botanical Gardens as we enter our slow summer months.
INFO & RULES:
Create a quality birdhouse in any medium. It can be functional or decorative, but must be recognizable as a birdhouse. Used birdhouses will not be accepted.
- Completed forms must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by APRIL 25th
- The physical Birdhouses must be delivered to The Gardens, 2150 N. Alvernon Way by May 2nd at 4pm
- All entries must be original and built by the entrant within the last 12 months
- Materials must be able to withstand the elements
- Entrants must identify if the birdhouse is functional or whimsical
- Entrant’s name and contact information must be provided on the bottom of the birdhouse
- A completed entry form must also accompany the entry
- TBG reserves the right to disallow any submission with decorations that include images or words deemed objectionable
- Any un sold Birdhouses must be picked up July 3rd
The For the Birds exhibit kicks off with the opening event:
Flocktail Party, May 9th 6-9pm
$50/person, includes a plentiful variety of hors d’oeuvres + 1 drink ticket, live music & more!
This event gives guests the first opportunity to bid on the Birdhouses, before they’re displayed at The Gardens.
*** All participants with accepted submissions can purchase discounted tickets to Flocktail Party at $25/piece***
Posted on Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014. Comments Off