Fall greetings from Tucson Botanical Gardens! We’d like to take a few moments to welcome you back to the classroom and share some of the exciting programs we have to offer this year. Whether you’re considering making your first field trip to the Gardens or returning for your tenth visit, we are excited to welcome you and your students to our five-and-a-half-acre “outdoor classroom.”
The diversity of plant life and environments at the Gardens allows field trips to support a wide variety of subjects, from botany and ecology to fine arts and nature poetry. We offer several options so that you can tailor your visit to suit your students’ needs. These include:
• A Self-Guided Gardens Only experience – our most economical choice, which allows you and your students to independently explore our 17 themed gardens from Herbs to Irises to Cacti.
• A Gardens and Butterfly Magic experience – our most popular option, which allows you and your students to explore the Gardens and visit our live tropical butterfly and orchid exhibit. Unlike any other experience in Southern Arizona, Butterfly Magic allows students to observe live butterflies from around the world in an intimate setting.
This year, we are also pleased to offer two new programs to enhance and focus your visit (click on links for further information):
- Grow, Grow, Grow: A guided program that dovetails with Arizona State Science Standards for grades K-2 and invites students in to creatively explore the life cycle of plants. (This Program Offering is Under Revision – Will be Offered Once a Week)
- Plant Packs: Backpacks full of engaging activities inspired by the national Next Generation Science Standards that help students explore the Gardens.
- Sonoran Butterfly Kits 2013-2014: To enhance your Butterfly Magic field trip or to bring the field trip experience to your classroom.
Keep reading for field trip scheduling instructions and more information about these programs.
Here’s to a wonderful and enriching school year — and many thanks for making Tucson Botanical Gardens a part of it!
How to Schedule Your Field Trip
• Remember to schedule your field trip well in advance. The busiest months for Butterfly Magic are March and April. They fill up fast.
• We schedule Butterfly Magic field trips at 10:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, starting Oct. 1st and ending on April 30th. Gardens Only field trips are available year-round Monday through Friday (times flexible).
• Grow, Grow, Grow is available on Tuesday and Thursday mornings beginning in September as an add-on to either a Gardens Only or a Butterfly Magic field trip.
• Plant Packs are available to rent in conjunction with any field trip (subject to availability).
The best way to schedule is to email your phone number to Lynne Jenrow at: email@example.com. She will follow-up via phone to answer questions, work with you to select open dates, and help you complete the required group registration form. Once the form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation letter or phone call. Please note that “group rates” void all other discounts. You can also call Lynne to make a reservation at: (520) 326-9686 ext. 18.Email this page to a friend