School & Youth Group Field Trips
School groups must preregister in order to receive the discounted admission rates. Please note that “group rates” void all other discounts. Please schedule your field trip well in advance. The busiest months for Butterfly Magic are March and April.
Field Trip Options:
1) Gardens-Only/Nature Connects®, Art with LEGO® Bricks (9/11/15-1/3/16):
- $5/person (Special Price – Sept.11 2015 – Jan. 3 2016)
- $3/person (After January 3, 2016)
Available Monday through Friday year round (times flexible), the Gardens-Only experience is our most economical choice and allow you and your students to independently explore our 17 themed gardens including the Cactus & Succulents Garden, the Children’s Discovery Garden, and Mrs. Porter’s Chicken Coop. Garden hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from September through May.
2) Butterfly Magic/*Nature Connects®, Art with LEGO® Bricks/Garden (9/11/15-1/3/16):
- $7/person (Special Price – Sept. 11 2015 – Jan. 3 2016)
- $5/person (After January 3, 2016)
Available Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m. from October 1st to May 31st. Unlike any other experience in Southern Arizona, our live tropical butterfly and orchid exhibit allows students to observe live butterflies from around the world in an intimate setting. Complement your Butterfly Magic experience with a Butterfly Kit to raise real butterflies in your classroom.
FIELD TRIP ADD-ON
3) Garden Explorer Plant Packs: $5 per pack
Inspired by national Next Generation Science Standards, this pack is full of engaging and flexible activities that help students explore the Gardens. Plant Packs are available to rent in conjunction with any field trip (subject to availability). Recommended one pack per group of 1-15 students.
How to Schedule Your Field Trip:
* During the Nature Connects®, Art with LEGO® Bricks there will be changes to scheduling – please contact Lynne Jenrow below.* The best way schedule your trip is to send an email request including your phone number to Lynne Jenrow at email@example.com. She will follow-up via phone to answer questions, work with you to select open dates, and help you complete the required group registration form. Once the form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation letter or phone call. You can also call Lynne to make a reservation at: (520) 326-9686 ext. 18.Email this page to a friend